Physical Therapy at Cogdell
Following a surgical procedure or even for a chronic or acute injury, your physician
may suggest therapy to help with your recovery.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Stroke (CVA) and Neurological conditions
- MS and Parkinsons
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Stretching and strengthening
- Aquatic Therapy
- Balance Training
- Thermoplastic Splinting
- Ultrasound and electronic stimulation (ESTEM)
- Cold & Hot compression unit
- LSVT BIG® Parkinson’s Therapy
- “Dry Needling” - muscle spasm relief
Our therapists may decide to integrate Aquatic Therapy into a patient’s physical therapy plan. Cogdell is proud to be able to offer this service to patients in our indoor therapy pool.
- The therapy pool is kept at a therapeutic temperature which decreases muscle spasms and improves range of motion.
- A chair lift is available to provide a safe entrance and exit to the therapy pool
Your therapist may also incorporate underwater treadmill therapy into your treatment plan.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
1. Less pressure. When immersed in water up to your neck, the weight pressing down on your body is reduced by 90%.
2. Reduced swelling. The pressure of the water helps to move fluid from the injured area back into the body.
3. Decreased pain. Water slows and buffers movement, which then decreases the incidence of pain. Warm water helps to decrease muscle spasms as well.
4. Ease of movement. Water is a medium that supports and assists movement.
5. Faster progress. Aerobic conditioning can often be performed in the water even when it may be too soon or too difficult to do in the gym.
6. It’s fun! Water is a constantly changing environment that can keep you challenged and motivated during your recovery.
Cogdell Rehab & Wellness Center
5206 Trinity Blvd.
Snyder, TX 79549